Happy Birthday, big girl!
Anya is one year old today. Holy cow!
Here are some things you might like to know about Anya:
1. She is nowhere close to sleeping through the night.
2. She is not eating much solid food, just a few scraps of crackers when she's in the mood.
3. She hates having a spoon put in or near her mouth.
4. She hasn't accepted a bottle in many, many months.
5. Ergo, she nurses all day and night, and I am constantly hungry and exhausted. But that's okay, because she also...
6. ...has the sweetest smile a baby could have.
7. As of today, she can climb all the basement steps.
8. She's not walking yet, though.
9. She adores her big brother, even when he's not very nice to her.
10. Sometimes he is nice to her, though, and they play peek-a-boo, or chase-the-string, or stack-the-blocks.
11. She is undeniably a redhead.
12. She loves to explore the kitchen cupboards (I've had to do some re-arranging).
13. Despite her non-interest in food, she's growing like a weed and wears size 24mo clothing. In fact, she not only wears it, she fills it up.
14. She loooooooves her mama, likes her Daddy, tolerates her grandparents, and makes sure any sitter who comes over knows that she is boss.
I don't know what I would do without her.