10

Ten years ago today, Stuart and I got married. That's a whole decade, yo, and whenever I think about it, I get that surreal feeling of how ten years feels like a long time, while at the same time feels like it went really fast. We were living in Madison at the time, but got married in Kansas, where we'd gone to college together, and where many family and friends lived at the time.

This weekend we are leaving to spend a week in Kansas, where my cousin is getting married. I've been complaining to anyone who will listen that it would be nice to go there NOT in the blazing heat of summer, but heck, we got married in Kansas in August, so who am I to judge?

We never got to take a honeymoon because at the time we couldn't afford it, and then by the time we might have gotten around to it and could afford it, we had kids who were -and still are - too young to leave with anyone for more than a day and too young to take along and still enjoy ourselves.

We didn't plan anything big to celebrate, just dinner out. Unfortunately, that just got canceled because Daniel has a fever. I have to admit I'm really disappointed. It's been an incredibly busy summer with the basement remodeling wrapping up and lots of visitors from out of state. And no preschool. I've hardly had time to sit down and read a book, much less have a night off. Oh well. We can always re-schedule for some other night. I've got a fridge full of zucchini I've got to figure out what to do with anyway.

Well anyway, one disappointing day really doesn't matter in the scheme of things. It's been a great ten years with Stuart, and I'm looking forward to the next ten! Maybe one of these days we'll get to take a real vacation by ourselves!

Comments

The Boccias said…
Happy Anniversary! Hope you get your date soon!
Jessi said…
Happy anniversary!
Anonymous said…
Wow, 10 years! Happy anniversary and congratulations. I hope you get your date soon, too.
Pam said…
Happy Anniversary, Susan and Stu!! :-)

Popular Posts