bad weather for the RNC

I haven't written about politics here in a little while, have you noticed? Mostly, I don't know where to start. Also, for me personally as a voting citizen, I know exactly where I stand on all the major issues and most of the smaller ones, too. My mind was made up long ago, so short of ranting and raving about the News Topic Of The Moment (which I am fully capable of doing, of course), I just don't have much to say.

I couldn't help but make the following observation, though: does no one else find it ironic that the political party with the most vehement deniers of global climate change have to delay their own national convention due to weather conditions brought on (or at least exacerbated) by that very phenomenon? Or is it just me?

I know, I know. It is hurricane season. Mostly, the RNC has unfortunate timing and they couldn't really foresee this back when they scheduled their convention. They aren't solely to blame for global warming, either; we all are. I just wonder when they will finally admit that there is an environmental catastrophe happening now (as in present, not future, tense) and that it's time to do something to fix it.

You'd think your own convention get pounded by a hurricane would them give pause in this regard. (But then, you'd also think a grown man with a college education and children of his own would have a basic grasp of reproductive biology, wouldn't you?) Alas, alas.

Comments

Steph said…
Never underestimate their ability to lie to themselves...but yeah, ironic.

Popular Posts