7

Today is Anya's seventh birthday. Sometimes I think it's hard to believe it's really been seven whole years since she was born - time flies and all that - but at the same time, we've all grown and matured so much it makes perfect sense after all.

At seven, Anya is so much more confident and self-assured than when she turned six. She takes things in stride that would have crushed her before. She is not outgoing and never will be, but she knows herself and I think other people (like kids in her class) can see and respect her for who she is. She loves learning and soaks up new information like a sponge, especially math. (She is all about math these days.) She loves music. She is exceptionally kind. And she can run with persistence and endurance. I look into her big bright eyes and though I don't know what the future holds for her, I know there are great things in store.


Comments

Popular Posts