has it really been a month since my last post?

I feel like any number of posts lately could have that title. I'm suffering from a little bit of bloggy writers' block here on MadtownMama - partly because I'm busier these days, partly because I'm not so sure I have that much that's interesting to say, and also in part because as my kids get older I have to be more careful about their privacy. Long gone are the days when I could bitch about them never napping and would they ever use the toilet. Now the focus of parenting has shifted to school work and helping them navigate their social lives and most of that just seems too private to write about here. I'm also working more, and as much as I'd love to share some stories and anecdotes about that, it would be unprofessional.

I'll figure it out, though, because I know a few people are still reading and want to keep up with my life! I'll do my best to post a little more often with interesting tidbits from my daily life.

Here's one thing coming up: we're going to a wedding in a few weeks. One of my very close friends from school is getting married in a warm, sunny location in the southern U.S., and we're all flying down for it. I'm playing in the wedding and we're making the rest of the weekend a mini-vacation for our family of four before heading to see Stuart's family for Christmas. I'm really looking forward to this trip, in part because the temperature should be above freezing most of the time! I also realized a few days ago that I'm quite sure the kids don't have anything to wear to this wedding, nothing remotely resembling appropriate dress for a fancy event in a tropical climate. (I know my friend would say, "Susan, don't worry about it! Your kids will be just fine in whatever they wear!!" but honey, sweatpants and a t-shirt with the school mascot just ain't gonna cut it.) So on top of all the holiday shopping and travel prep and end-of-the-semester craziness I have to find acceptable warm-weather dress clothes for my two very opinionated children. Anya will absolutely refuse to wear a dress, which is fine by me (I don't much like wearing dresses, either) but that doesn't leave many options.


Comments

Popular Posts