blog award

Caffeine Girl just tagged me for a blog award (my first ever)! Sweet. Thanks, Caffeine Girl! She actually tagged Mad Knitting for the award, so I'm basically re-posting the same stuff here. For anyone who reads both, sorry about the redundancy.

Now it's time for me to follow all the rules that come with this nifty tag. There are links and things I have to figure out. Here we go:

1. Link the person who tagged you. (Done. See above.)
2. Copy the image above, the rules and the questionnaire in this post. (Will do. See below. ETA: Crap. Having trouble with the image part. Advice?)
3. Post this in one or all of your blogs. (I already posted this on Mad Knitting, hence the heavy knitting content.)
4. Answer the four questions following these Rules. (How is this different from the questionaire? Ack!!! I hope I don't screw up!!)
5. Recruit at least seven (7) friends on your Blog Roll by sharing this with them. (That's the fun part.))
6. Come back to BLoGGiSTa iNFo CoRNeR (PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THIS LINK) at http://bloggistame.blogspot.com and leave the URL of your Post in order for you/your Blog to be added to the Master List. (Working on it...)
7. Have Fun! (Duh.)

Questions & Your Answers:
1. The person who tagged you: Caffeine Girl (I don't know her real name!)
2. His/her site's title and url: Caffeine Girl
3. Date when you were tagged: July 23rd, 2009
4. People you tagged:

1) Glenna of Knitting to Stay Sane. She's a fellow academic knitter who does some serious fair isle. The woman can steek, people! This is something I have yet to muster the cajones for. You've probably heard of her because she's done some very nice designs, including the Viper Pilots socks, which I started and just may finish by 2012.

2. Whitney of Whitknits. Another academic knitter and a musician to boot! (Though she did not choose music as a field of study.) She takes beautiful pictures and does some cool designing of her own.

3. Steph of Sweet Water Journal. Steph is my cousin and she knits, though she doesn't write about knitting much. She writes extremely well about everything: her cats, LGBT issues in the Mennonite church, encounters with the supernatural...that's just in the last couple weeks!

4. Another Susan: Susan Wittig Albert and her blog Lifescapes. Susan is a prolific writer, mostly mystery series (did you ever read Nancy Drew? she was even Carolyn Keene for a while), but I understand she's written other books, too. For the last year or so I was totally hooked on her China Bayles mystery series. I use the past tense there because last week I finished Wormwood, the latest one, but not the last (I hope!) By the by, recently Susan was kind enough to write this very interesting post on the use of pseudonyms to answer some questions I had for her. It was pure curiosity on my part. Since I found Susan's blog, I've discovered that she grows tons of her own food in Texas Hill Country and lives with a true environmental conscience. She knits, too.

5. Renee of RevKnits. I'm a big fan of progressive church leaders, and she's one. Her knitting is beautiful, and a lot of it goes to charities like Afghans for Afghans.

6. Rosemary of (mis)adventures of spindlerose. I have never met Rosemary, but I have seen some of her beautifully knitted items in person. How could this be? Well, as it happens, her brother and his family live across the street and are really good friends of ours. Their son has been Daniel's best buddy since the night I went into labor with Anya and called in a panic because it was 17 days before my due date, my in-laws were not yet in town, and we didn't have anyone Daniel could spend the night with, so he went to their house. Two weeks after that, on my birthday, Stuart accidentally flushed a cloth diaper down our only toilet, rendering it completely nonfunctional, and my MIL and I came knocking on their door at 11pm, desperate for a place to pee (it was like 4 degrees outside). Anyway, Rosemary has made some gorgeous things for her nephew and baby niece, and I have had the privilege of seeing them worn and used, just as they should be!

7. Jenn-Jenn of Stinkbumps the Wonder Boy. Jenn and I went to high school together. We lost touch, as people do when they leave high school and move away, but we met again at a wedding 3 years ago, discovered that we both blog, and we've been cyber-pals again ever since. Jenn and her son Jamie are new knitters, but I hope it's something they stick with, even in the heat of San Antonio, TX!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aw shucks, thanks! Well now I have to come up with thoughts ;)

And in case I forgot to mention it before, your new header pic is great!

Popular Posts