Just in case you thought I'd gone off the deep end...

...I came close...

You know, I often tell myself how lucky I am to have a kid as healthy and delightful and sweet as Daniel. Most of the time, I believe it. But days like yesterday when he boycotted not only naptime but solid food (resulting in many, many cranky wakings last night to nurse, undoubtedly from hunger) -- yes, those days it's really hard to appreciate him. Yesterday, when Stu got home from work, I dumped Daniel in his lap and said "If you don't take him right now, I'm going to haul off and hit someone or something." And I meant it. Then I went and took a shower and felt a teeny weeny bit better. Oblivious to my exasperation, Daniel spent an hour happily playing with his daddy, cooing adorably and looking at books.

Thankfully, today was better. Not by leaps and bounds, but he ate and slept enough to keep me from wanting to slam my head against the wall. This afternoon I taught piano lessons for three hours, and that usually puts me in a good mood, even when my students are flaky, so life is good again.

I also received a few sympathetic phone calls and emails after yesterday's post. You guys really helped cheer me up, so thank you for letting me indulge in a little whining.

I've never understood people that don't ever complain. I think if I didn't vent about something on a near-daily basis, I would just spontaneously combust or something.

Comments

Being able to rant is one of the great bennies of having a blog. So, glad I could listen and offer some suggestions.
Anonymous said…
I /so/ hear you. In fact, check out the post I just put up on my LiveJournal (yes, I've got two blogs too - grin!).

http://trollbabe.livejournal.com/226524.html
Suze said…
just read it, thorny, along with a few other posts. since i'm not a registered user i couldn't comment on live journal...anyhoo, i love the sweaters your kids are wearing in those pictures, i think your morning sounds much more difficult than my day was (i humble myself before anyone with twins, egads), and i can't stand going to target either :)

Popular Posts