I realize the blog has been quiet for a little while, but seriously, there is not much interesting to say over here. We're having astonishingly beautiful weather, so the kids and I have been soaking up all the sunshine we can before the cold and gloom set in. We've had multiple sessions of apple-picking and pumpkin-carving, and just this morning the trees in our yard suddenly started dumping their leaves, so soon we'll have leaf-raking and leaf-pile-jumping as well. Daniel is absolutely loving preschool, and Anya wants so badly to go, too, but until she potty trains, she can't be enrolled.

The whole month of October I've had a hard time getting ahead of what needs to be done. I have a lot on my plate at the moment, and it just feels like everything gets half-done if at all, and it's frustrating. A lot of this, frankly, is housework and laundry, stuff that is so very tedious to talk about, but really is important because, you know, I live here and I can't stand the mess. I don't mind a little disorganization, actually, but too much mess makes me feel stressed out. The problem is that everything else (like the kids and piano stuff, obviously) takes priority over things like pick-up and vacuuming, so the house just isn't clean. Hiring a sitter wouldn't help because everything I need to do - i.e. practicing and housework - needs to happen at homeand even with a sitter they'd still be underfoot. Keep in mind they haven't even started the basement work yet, so it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Comments

Popular Posts