Friday, March 16, 2012

Five on Friday: random edition

1. I wrote a real downer of a post a few days ago and took it down ten minutes later because it was just too whiny (even for me). The gist is as follows: I am perpetually frustrated because I wish I had more going on in my professional life. I still don't really have enough time to prepare for major gigs, so I'm not sure if I should be pursuing more at this point or not.

2. It's hard to stay sad when spring comes early to Wisconsin. I mean, the global warming part of it is freaking me out a little, but we're enjoying the warmth and sunshine all the same. See?





3. My eyes are really itchy. I don't normally have any problems with seasonal allergies, but the winter-that-wasn't and mild weather now has all kinds of flowers blooming already, so there are probably lots of allergens floating around that affect the hardiest among us. I suppose there are drawbacks to an early spring.

4. It's Friday, so I'm trying not to feel guilty about spending my precious kid-free time writing a blog post instead of doing something productive. Like cleaning.

5. Stuart's birthday was Monday! (So was Mitt Romney's, incidentally. Not that it means anything to us, particularly.) Anya and I baked him a cake, and after school, she and Daniel decorated the chocolate glaze with their favorite sprinkles, some of which are Christmas-themed, but no one seemed to care. We don't have 34 candles, so Stuart lit them in binary.



For those of you who can appreciate this, his t-shirt reads: "There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't."

Happy Friday, y'all.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Very funny shirt. Also, when did Anya get so big? She is so beautiful! Never feel guilty about doing what you want for a while on a Friday afternoon.

ann said...

or any other day :-)