A Father's Day post from baby Daniel

12:30 a.m. I'm hungry and want a snack. Hey, mom! Wake up!
3:00 a.m. Well, that didn't quite do it. Mom's asleep, so maybe I'll grunt a little and kick my feet to wake her up.
4:00 a.m. Only an hour until sunrise. Time to be awake! I love to play in my crib.
4:30 a.m. I think mom and dad are awake, but they seem to be ignoring me. Better coo and gurgle a little louder.
5:00 a.m. Now this is really too much. Here I've been happily entertaining myself for a whole hour without making a fuss, and they just pretend not to notice.
5:30 a.m. Dad! You're getting up! Well, it's about time. Hey mom, can I have another snack?
8:00 a.m. Yawn, time for a nap.
8:30 a.m. Ah, that was a nice little catnap. Time to play.
8:35 a.m. oooh, Dad's watching the World Cup. Oh TV: teacher, mother, secret lover! I haven't watched you since the Doppler Radar from that tornado warning a couple weeks ago. Little people moving around on the screen. Neat.
9:00 a.m. NOOOO!!! DON'T PUT MY ON MY TUMMY!!! I HATE TUMMY TIME!!!
10:30 a.m. Mom and Dad brought me to Borders so they could load up on double espressos. Why do you suppose they want all this caffeine today?
11:15 a.m. Looks like they just sat down to eat lunch. Looks like a good time to take a crap in my diaper.
12:00 noon Mom looks desperate for me to take a nap. I'll lead her on and make her think I'm tired so that I get to nurse on the bed.
12:10 p.m. Just kidding, mom!
12:45 p.m. Now it looks like mom's trying to take a nap, but I'd rather play. I think I'll kick her in the ribs a little bit to wake her up.
1:00 Yay! She gave up! Now I'm tired. (Whine.) But I don't want to nurse (get that #*&$ing boob out of my face!!) and I don't want to lie down (PICK ME UP ALREADY!!)
1:10 That's better. I like walking around and around and around in the sling.
1:15 Why is mom drinking a cocktail?

Comments

Steph said…
heeheehee

My mom's here and we just read this and laughed so hard we almost split a gut.
Oh, sweetie, I remember those days! All I can say is "This too shall pass".
Becca said…
In the meantime, I'll send you my copy of Food and Wine's Cocktail recipes book.

Popular Posts