I don't like it when people I like move away

I made a new friend just a couple months ago. Her name is Rachel and she has a daughter about two months older than Daniel. We're both in a knitting group that meets every Wednesday, and we have a lot of other things in common, too. Unfortunately, she's moving to Iowa City this week because her husband got a new job there. Even though I haven't known her that long, it makes me sad that she's moving away. It's rare that someone like me (introvert) makes a good friend this quickly. Anyway, I know that this move is hard on her, so I made her daughter a sweater, modelled here by my own sleeping babe:



I'll see her this Wednesday, at her last knitting group. Do you think the people that run the quilting/knitting store would mind if I brought in some farewell cupcakes, too?

Comments

ann said…
that's a beautiful picture...i think you should enter it in a contest, like the state fair or something (i don't know if it's okay to take cupcakes to a knitting store...but if i ran one, i'd say bring em on)

and i'm sorry your friend is moving away.
I'm sorry, too. Give her your blog address, then she can become part of our blogging circle (as opposed to your knitting circle).

And that is a darlin' picture! And I've never heard anyone turn down yummy cupcakes!
Tooz said…
I really hate it when folks I like move away and then I lose touch with them! I had a great friend, Lou Ann Smith, who is now living somewhere in Arizona. I have completely lost touch with Lou Ann, and I'd love to talk to her again. I hope you keep up with your friend.

If you took the cupcakes, you could also take baggies to carry them home in, if the powers that be objected.
One neat, less-messy alternative is to bake the cupcakes in ice-cream cones. The directions are on the Keebler flat-bottom type cone box. If you make them this way, though, eat from the bottom up. Otherwise, you'll get icing on (and sometimes in) your nose.

Really yummy is devil's food with cream cheese icing! Yum!
Suze said…
cool suggestion, jenn! i'm thinking of doing scones instead, since we're a morning group and all. i'll bring plenty of napkins...
ann said…
suze, did you decide not to post about intelligence? or did you say all you'd wanted to say on jennifer's blog? just curious.
Suze said…
oh, i just haven't gotten around to it yet. sooooo sleep-deprived
Take a nap, Mama, before Madtown describes your psyche, as well as where you live!

Popular Posts