Newly inspired

Yesterday I played with a cellist on a recital. This wasn't my first performance since having a baby, but it was the first one on piano (I played harpsichord on the other two). We played a Beethoven sonata and the Shostakovich sonata, both quite difficult pieces, and both went quite well. And here's the honest truth: it felt GOOD. For all my waffling and confusion of the past few months (years), there are times when it is crystal clear to me that I am doing the right thing, and yesterday's recital was one of those times. Today, the prospect of choosing new repertoire for my next performance is exciting. Later this week I'm getting a pile of new music from a singer for a fall recital and I can't wait. So for right now, things are looking good.

Comments

canadahauntsme said…
Suze, I am so happy for you!!! I wonder if Danny has helped bring out this new inspiration...

Popular Posts